Cyprus has one of the lowest taxes in Europe, many benefits and tax optimization opportunities. The country has signed a Double Taxation Treaty with 65 countries, which allows you to obtain tax residency for just 60 days of residence in Cyprus in a calendar year.
We will help you deal with the documents, fulfill the conditions and quickly obtain the Cyprus tax residency. We will select the best real estate for those who want to obtain a permanent residency in Cyprus.Our tax residency checklist
To become a tax resident in Cyprus you need:
- either to live in Cyprus for more than 183 days a year;
- or to live in Cyprus for more than 60 days a year, work there or do business, rent or buy real estate. At the same time, you cannot be a tax resident of another country.
To avoid any questions obtain a Cyprus tax residency certificate. For this:
- register with the Cyprus Tax Authorities and submit a TD2001 form;
- sign a declaration affirming that you intend to stay in Cyprus for more than 183 or 60 days;
- provide evidence for your intention to stay in Cyprus for more than 183 or 60 days (i.e. contract of employment copy, document confirming the legal status of the company ownership, rental contract, property ownership)
- provide evidence for foreign dividends or interest earned;
- tax returns of previous must be filed with Tax Authorities and all taxes must be paid;
- state the country for which the certificate is requested.
The certificate can be obtained for both previous and current year. You can get a certificate, even if you have not fulfilled the requirements under the 60- or 183-day rule during the current year in exceptional cases, when you need to reduce or refund foreign tax on dividends or interest received.